Wednesday, June 10, 2015

What being broke taught me?

Why am I writing a blog on this? Because being broke after quitting a nice paying job was really an eye opener and taught me a lot of things about life. So what was I doing before I went broke?
I used to go out and hang on pubs and bars every friday`s at Thamel. I used to spend a lot of money on smokes. Spend a heck load of money every time while travelling. Careless about money. Misconception that salaries will last forever.

Now things changed drastically. I no longer spend money that way.

So what did being broke taught me??

I used to spend Rs 10 on cigarettes. Cigarettes is obviously not good for our body but I guess I am addicted to it. Now I smoke a cigarette that costs about Rs 3 because even if you smoke a Rs 10 cigarette you obviously are inhaling nicotine.

If you can get somewhere with walking on your foot and  if you are not too late, then please walk to your destination and loose some calories. Walking is exercise too so you will be saving money plus you will be healthy.

While travelling ,do not travel like a tourist. Spend as little as possible but do not forget to enjoy. Stay in cheap lodges and if possible carry your own tent and sleeping bag. Do not buy anything at touristic place. Everything at these places are just expensive.


Whenever possible take public transportation as they are very very cheap than taxis or rickshaws.

Do not buy things that you do not need. It will be just waste of money.

Take good care of things that you have.

No matter how good your job pays, at the end salary will be salary. So do not take it for granted and be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Save after what is left. If you start saving before spending, you will only make your life miserable.

When I went broke, I went through some tough times but in my tough times every one I know helped me. So I guess I am pretty lucky. I went broke because I listened to my heart and followed my passion and I guess it is finally working out now. I felt like giving up because no matter how hard I tried I was still going broke but I did not.It will take some time before life takes you where you deserve but you just have to keep walking the right path and the right path is to follow your instincts.


No comments:

Post a Comment