Saturday, May 23, 2015

Intern at Young Innovations (YIPL)

It feels like just yesterday, I joined YIPL as an intern but time passes quickly . It took me a lot of courage to even for applying at YIPL. Why courage?? I was working as a PHP Developer at a dead end company where I saw no whatsoever personal growth. Life started to get freaking monotonous and not very challenging. But still it does not answer why Courage? I had a steady income working there and in country like Nepal where you have to take permission from your family then the society for pursuing your dream I was leaving a job. So my father told me " People are lucky to even have a job that pay`s them less 10k per month and You just left a job that pays more. I know that you are going to be a failure and you will take the whole family down with you too.". He certainly has no idea how much I wanted to learn but not earn and follow  my passion. So I solved the problem YIPL gave for internship. I submitted the problem in PHP and ruby. 
I remember the very first day, I was not able to find the YIPL building but I guess luck works in a funny way. I remember the first meeting with Anjesh daii, he was taking a look at an application that I built for earlier company. That was the most intense part because if I could not qualify for the intern I would be totally unemployed and my DAD would be 100 and 10% right. Then there was a very awkward introduction with other interns and now bigyan daii and kriti dd are a part of my startup team. Like I said, luck works in a funny way.
The internship there took me out of my comfort zone and I loved it. I loved that I was growing more that I could imagine. I could easily grasp the new technologies like nodejs and its framework, design patterns, software architect and the list goes on.
YIPL served lunch and I was surprised because the company that I used to work for earlier did not served shit. Ok let`s not be that brutal too, well they did served diuso ko khaja and chiya.I dont drink chiya. After lunch, employees there were playing TT. Was I in heaven?
One thing that I really loved about YIPL is that they treated us ie Interns as part of YIPL. We got chocolates in numerous occasions, got to eat cakes on birthday and all the interns were invited in one of the employee`s weeding. Common man, I  mean who does that? And the answer was , certainly not the company I used to work for. 
Goodbye`s are always hard and I never loved them. I had no idea what was I going to do after my intern of 3 mnths. So the only thing on my mind after intern was bag packing and taking a solo trip to some where I would get abundance of nature.
During my intern I met a lot of people that really had left a mark in my life. I learned a lot from these people. One person I will fondly recall is sumit daii. Because of him, I now know how to solve a problem, design pattern, debug an applicaiton and  ..... .

But I do not want to be satisfied, that is my weakness. I am still hungry for success and still will be. I will put all the ideas i got from intern into my startup and if it fails I will start a new one and never give up.
I want to quote my favorite quote from Muhamad Ali .
When do u start counting?
"I do not count my sit-ups,
I only start counting when it starts hurting,

When I feel the pain, that`s when I start counting,
cause that`s when it really counts. "

2 comments:

  1. Thanks you very much for sharing these links. Will definitely check this out.. popular hdb contractor site

    ReplyDelete
  2. youtube - videoodl
    youtube youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube to mp3 player youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube. youtube.

    ReplyDelete