Thursday, October 8, 2015

Laravel for RAD


Just as good as rails, laravel can really speed up the development process. I finished a fully functional real estate system in a day. Yes there were not much requirements plus I did not follow TDD but that is just whole another story.

As laravel provides authentication out of the box, I had to spend couple of minutes configuring it. Since my app required different access control, I used a module that helped me setup the ACL in few minutes. Since CRUD is a frequent visitor I used another composer package for it and again the setup took just few minutes. The crud generator followed repository design pattern.

Importing the project assets were as easy as ABC`s unlike in Rails where you have to understand the esoteric asset pipeline.

Since it did not provided default generated test codes for the codes I generated I may end up solving a bug or may be a crisis in the near future. Rails is much generous with this and Rspec with Capybara makes testing even more fun.

Eloquent makes it even simpler to query from the database.

Package I used for:

acl: Entrust
generator: CRUD generator
data tables: Data Tables


No comments:

Post a Comment