Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Were these my entreprenuerial signs?

Way back in the olden and the golden days, I guess I was between 8 -13 yrs of age .Franky I do not remember my age . My family used to be a one huge and lovely and caring family , 5 children and 5 adults. In general terms, "Join Family" .
All the 5 children used to attend the same school. Back in those days, I remember that even Rs 10 was a lot. Each of the children were given Rs 10  as our tiffin money and forget about the extra pocket money. I was really bothered with the fact that we were not given extra pocket money as in those TV serials shakalaka boom boom, hello dolly and the list goes on. So what I did was, I told all of my siblings that I would take the responsibility to buy them tiffin so that they did not had to go and buy it themselves.
Each day I used to collect the tiffin money from our parents and then go to the shop and choose only those products which cost less and had more to eat in it.

Biscuits like Gulcose, Buttercracker were cheap and were not pricey as others. So it saved me 2 - 3 Rs from one person , meaning 10-15 Rs each day and that would make Rs 60 -105 a week . It was a win win situation for me. But that regime did not lasted long when they found out about my monopoly.
Since I needed another way to make extra money, I teamed up with my siblings. We had an awesome idea of selling powdered milk wrapped in a paper to our school friends. So we got a handful of powdered milk from the kitchen and then started to wrap those in papers and started doing our math. Guess what? No one bought it.
I remember my next move was lottery but at that time I used to call it chitha. Well I got that idea from my classmate who was making a lot of money selling chitha. Damn that business went down like a Titanic when teachers came to know about it.

So when I was 16, I opened an organisation in the school called "The Pen Pal`s Club". To raise fund for my organization , I took the chitha`s business from the olden days to a whole new level. I took permissions from the school authority and got approved of GAMBLING in the school. I started a very very very huge BINGO tournament. The whole school was in favor of my idea. A lot of students from each class bought bingo tickets.
I freaking do not remember how I persuaded so many children as well as teachers to buy those tickets. Well, anyway I earned a huge huge amount of money from that . I guess between 6-7K deducting after giving away the prizes to the winner.

So I guess life changed after my SLC, then plus 2 . But I still have that blood running inside of me.
But the question is
Were you also like this in your olden and golden days? Were You also an entrepreneur ? Let me know that in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment