Friday, November 27, 2015

My super power of forgetting password let to "Reveal Password" chrome extension


People are different because each of them possess certain unique capabilities and I am no different. I have this unique ability of quickly forgetting my passwords. Oh heck, who has the time to remember passwords, right? You can save your passwords and this feature is already provided by most of the browser and what I meant by "most of the" is chrome and firefox. They are the only two browsers I use and I have no idea for the rest, I am sorry.

It may be very weird to hear that I can not remember my password and I call myself a programmer. haha, common guys it is weird right?

So ya that is my super power and I do not want to show my super power. Just as batman wears a cape and mask and changes his voice I too had to do something to hide my power. Out of all the things in the world all I am capable of doing is coding. So instead of sewing cape and a mask and putting on a hoarse voice I decided to write a chrome extension that would reveal my password. Hey do not get excited, it is nothing fancy because I chose not to wear my underpants outside my costume.

Ok like I have already said, browsers already have a built in function to save the password if you let it to and it will remember that very specific password for that specific site. But the catch is the password field is unfathomable.

What if you had saved all your passwords in your chrome and you browsed firefox? If you are like me, we should be friends, no lets be best friends, you are screwed. But as I know some tricks like opening a inspector and then blabla that is very tedious to do every time plus if you do not have knowledge of inspector tool then you are really screwed.So ya at this situation, you can use my extension and then just like the batman coming out of nowhere,  baam, boom, kapow, no more dots in your password field. You can now know what was you password and live happily ever after.

Well I am still looking for a princess so my story does not end there. I use VC`s a lot and stupidly and indolently I avoided adding ssh keys. So yo know I had to go to the main site , then logout and then check through my inspector and then log in again.Well, now no more.

Here is a link to the codebase .
Download the extension here

No comments:

Post a Comment